The Housing First Solution
Housing for long-term homeless
Every day, adults find themselves without a place to call home. A mental health crisis, job loss, substance use disorder, or death of a family member—these are just a handful of factors that may contribute to an experience of homelessness. The effects of these circumstances can be devastating and often are not solved by simply putting a roof over someone’s head. Our program not only provides housing, but also the opportunity to grow vocationally, pursue educational advancement, and establish a positive rental history to overcome homelessness.HousingFirst@gosupportive.com
We provide supportive, apartment-based housing for adults experiencing Long Term Homelessness. We have locations throughout Minneapolis. Services include:
- Job search and resume building
- Appointments and medical information management
- Education, budgeting and life skills development
- Resources and support for chemical dependence recovery
- Monthly tenant meetings and events
See what others say about this service!Read Reviews
- 18 years of age or older
- Homeless for over one year, or a history of being homeless 4 times in the previous 3 years
- Diagnosis of a mental illness, chemical dependency or other disability
- Willing to take an active part in setting and achieving goals for maintaining stability
- Public funding available through Housing Support with Services (formerly Group Residential Housing)
THE Housing First Solution LOCATIONS
You will need to meet the eligibility requirements for general assistance.
SLS is unable to move an individual into our housing unless they are referred by the applicable County Coordinated Entry . If you feel you meet the general assistance and program eligibility requirements you may:
- Request to be assessed by asking a staff member at your local Hennepin County Shelter.
- Call Hennepin County Front Door to get started; 612-348-4111.
Additional Program Information
- Site-based LTH Housing Support with Services Program
- Long Term Homeless supportive housing
- Operating in Hennepin county