The Customized Living Advantage

Life can be overwhelming, and a mental health diagnosis or disability can amplify day-to-day challenges. We understand that your individual needs do not always follow a schedule, and it can feel virtually impossible to manage everything alone. Our program provides you with a welcoming, understanding and supportive community that enables you to achieve stability and success. Our person-centered approach puts you “in the driver’s seat” while we ride alongside to provide the amount of support that is needed—maximizing your independence and dignity.


We provide 24-hour community-based Customized Living housing and services for adults living with a Serious and Persistent Mental Illness (SPMI) or other disability. We help individuals maintain independence while also being a part of the larger community. We have locations in Minneapolis and West St. Paul. Services include:

  • Room and board (includes meals)
  • 24-hour staffing
  • Advocacy
  • Appointment management
  • Medication management
  • Home health services
  • Housekeeping
  • Socialization and activities

See what others say about this service!

Read Reviews


  • 18 years of age or older
  • Diagnosis of a mental illness, brain injury, or other disability
  • Willing to adhere to care plans created by medical providers
  • Public funding available:
    • Services are funded through the Waiver Programs (CADI, BI, EW)
    • Room and board is funded by GRH (Group Residential Housing), or paid privately (SSI, SSDI, RSDI)


Current Openings: Single Room

Whittier Place


2405 1st Avenue S
Minneapolis, MN 55404

See This Location 612-872-1926

Bidwell Residence


1425, 1435 & 1445 Bidwell Street
West St. Paul, MN 55118

See This Location 651-789-5520

Current Openings: Single Room

Unity Place


2611 Central Avenue NE
Minneapolis, MN 55418

See This Location 612-788-0833

Serenity Place


2409 1st Avenue S
Minneapolis, MN 55404

See This Location 612-879-4543

Next steps

Determine eligibility for public funding sources.  To qualify you must be on medical assistance and have a certified disability.

You can apply for waiver funding at your local county social services agency:

  • Hennepin County: 612-348-4111
  • Ramsey County: 651-266-4444
  • Anoka County: 763-323-6089
  • Dakota County: 651-554-6336

Click on “Get Started” and we can help you through the process!

Additional Program Information

  • 24-Hour Customized Living
  • 144G – Assisted Living
  • Operating in Hennepin & Dakota counties

Need More Information?


Welcome to the SLS Impact!

Read More

Your Community Impact

Read More

Bye-Bye Blinders

Read More